A Rustic Yet Modern Wedding To Remember
The Culinary Vegetable Institute offers the ideal setting for a rustic yet elegant wedding, completely customized exclusively for you. We believe weddings should be the most personal expression of the bride and groom beginning their new life together. Couples choose the CVI knowing that their event will be distinctive to them- there are never any two events at CVI that are the same. The natural surroundings provide the ambiance- beautiful and ever-changing with seasonal authenticity. We go above and beyond to weave in personal touches, details of design and thoughtful service. The menu will reflect the couple’s stories with ingredients they love, all presented in the singular and artistic style of our internationally renowned chef. Weddings at the CVI are magical, creating memories as exceptional as the couple of the hour.
- Ready Room
- Gathering Before Ceremony
- Cocktail Hour
- Wedding Night
- Additional Add-Ons
- Wedding Capacity
- Coordinating Outside Services
- Rehersal Dinner or Brunch
- Helpful Information
- Location Information
Our spacious Chef's Suite will be yours for the day to use for the bride and bridesmaids to get dressed and ready. The expansive suite includes a fully equipped kitchen, dining area, bathroom with shower and Jacuzzi tub, fireplace and deck. You are welcome to bring in your own salon services to assist in your preparations. Non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks will be offered in the Chef’s Suite for the bridal party before the service.
As guests gather before the service, infused water and other non-alcoholic beverages will be offered under the portico.
Say ‘I Do’ under the gazebo on the grounds of the CVI. White folding chairs can be set up in rows to accommodate the most intimate gathering as well as hundreds of guests. For a true farm wedding, the inimitable Farmer Lee Jones can be available to officiate at your service!
Following the service, guests may return to the front flower garden where a bar will be set up for cocktails and beverages to be served. Hors d’oeuvre, including specialty crudité from The Chef’s Garden along with cheeses, charcuterie, and house-made crackers will be displayed.
Perhaps the most compelling reason to choose the CVI for your wedding reception is for the culinary artistry of our kitchen. Chef Jamie Simpson will work with you to prepare a personalized menu, created to be the most memorable expression of you as a couple. Ingredients include vegetables from The Chef’s Garden, our parent company and vegetable grower for the best restaurants in the world. Seafood, meats and other specialty ingredients are procured from purveyors and farms sharing our commitment to the highest quality.
The menu includes the hors d’oeuvre display, first course and entrée. Our professional staff will cut and serve a wedding cake that you may bring in.
A reception tent can be outfitted with a remote bar and dance floor to continue the party after dinner. A table for the DJ or band will be provided.
The set-up is inclusive of the tent outfitted with tables and white padded folding chairs for dining, dance floor, bar set up and perimeter lighting. Tables will be dressed with white linens and napkins. Our china, flatware and crystal are all provided by Steelite, International.
We can also provide votive candles and small, natural floral arrangements from the grounds that may include greens, branches and seasonal flowers from the property or greenhouses.
- Premium bar includes a selection of wines, craft beers, mixers and liquor.
- Beverages will be served in rocks glasses, hi-balls, wine glasses and beverage glasses.
- Premium bar service will be foor 4 hours total (1 hour before dinner, 3 hours after dinner). The bar is closed during dinner, and last call is at 10:45 PM.
- Infused water, soft drinks and fresh juices are offered throughout.
- A flute of sparkling wine will be served as a toast at the time of your choosing.
- Coffee service will be offered with dessert.
The Chef's Suite in the CVI is available for an overnight stay. The Suite offers a king sized bed, Jacuzzi tub, fireplace and private quarters. A breakfast basket will be provided for you to enjoy at your leisure in the morning. Check out is noon.
70- 120 guests
- As a point of reference our inclusive price targets groups between 70 and 120 attendees. We plan for an al fresco service and cocktail hour on the grounds and gardens, and will always include a tent.
- You will have the option of using the CVI Dining Room for the service, cocktail hour or reception and dancing, if desired.
Below 70 guests
- A tent would be required for a service and reception. If the service is elsewhere, we can comfortably accommodate 72 for dinner in the CVI dining room, and can expand to seat 90 (without a dance floor).
Over 120 guests
- A tent would be required for a service and reception. Our professional wedding coordinator will work with you in planning the space to accommodate your event.
- For a true farm wedding, the inimitable Farmer Lee Jones can officiate at your service!
- Arrive in style, in our Belgian Horse drawn wagon! Farmer Lee will drive the carriage harnessed with two stunning Belgian Horses. The carriage can be made available to you and your guests for tours through the CVI grounds
- Additional dinner courses.
- Dessert other than wedding cake.
- Late night menu.
- Specialty ingredients, menu items, special diets.
- Super premium liquors, wine selections from a wide array of options.
- Extended bar hours.
- Specialty signature cocktails or martinis.
- Cordials, liqueurs and coffee drinks.
Set Up Amenities
- A vast array of specialty linens may be ordered to fit a wide variety of decorative themes, including table cloths, napkins, runners, chair covers, sashes, etc.
- Fans or Heaters depending on seasonal weather.
- Specialty lighting, including strings of Edison lights, tent chandeliers, candelabra, etc.
- Chairs other than folding white padded chairs.
Specialty Cakes - You are welcome to provide your own cake(s). Delivery, storage and placement of cake(s) will need to be organized with our Wedding Coordinator, as we cannot take responsibility for storing or moving these items. Specialty cakes need to be accompanied by a receipt from a licensed food service operator.
Band or DJ - Music may play at any time throughout the contracted event, and must end by 11:00 PM. Please indicate any electrical needs for lights, sound or other electronics. We will need advance preparation for set up. A table will be provided for musicians. They are welcome to bring in a stage, and we will need to coordinate the load in/out and set up/break down with our maintenance team.
Photography - You are welcome to provide a photographer and/or videographer. Sharing of photographic images is encouraged at #Events@CVI. We would welcome images from your photographer to post on our website or social media. Provide us your wedding #hashtag so we can share in the conversation!
Florist - We can coordinate with a florist to deliver, set up and break down decorations at the gazebo, in the tent, on the grounds or in the CVI building. Before a florist is contracted, we will want to work with them as to the timing of their access to the property and requirements for installation and removal.
The CVI is an ideal place to host your Rehearsal Dinner or gather for Brunch following the wedding.
Dining capacity in our Great Room is comfortable for 12 to 90 guests. The room spills out to a deck overlooking the wooded grounds, and there is a lovely flower and vegetable garden in front available for cocktail gatherings. A large stone fireplace, beams from oak, walnut and sycamore forests that surround our farm on the Huron River, floor to ceiling windows, and our open state-of-the-art kitchen make for a stunning setting to host your event. The room is outfitted with a projector and screen for video or power point presentations, a TV monitor, wireless microphones and wifi.
- The CVI is available any time during your wedding day until 11:00 PM.
- There are many options for scenic photographs on the grounds.
- We offer ample on site parking.
- We can help coordinate overnight accommodations and transportation with lodging in the area.